Last Updated 1st April 2018
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Growfitter) are called "first party cookies". Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called "third party cookies". Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third-party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Sites to operate, and we refer to these as "essential" or "strictly necessary" cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites. Third parties serve cookies through our Sites for advertising, analytics and other purposes. This is described in more detail below.
First and third-party cookies served through our Sites and the purposes they perform are described below:
- Essential website cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our Sites and to use some of its features, such as access to secure areas.
- Performance and functionality cookies: These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Sites but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Analytics and customisation cookies: These cookies collect information that is used either in aggregate form to help us understand how our Sites are being used or how effective are marketing campaigns are, or to help us customise our Sites for you.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you and they perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and in some cases selecting and displaying advertisements to you across the internet that are based on your interests.
- Social networking cookies: These cookies are used to enable you to share pages and content that you find interesting on our Sites through third party social networking and other websites. These cookies may also be used for advertising purposes too.
What about other tracking technologies?
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track visitors to a website. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has visited our Sites or opened an e-mail that we have sent them. This allows us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our Sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our Sites from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve site performance, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
Our mobile applications may include third-party application software development kits that provide mobile performance and analytics data, bug reporting features, and APIs to third parties that help provide the Site, for social media functionality, and for marketing and advertising.
Does Growfitter serve targeted advertising?
As described above, third parties may serve cookies on your computer or mobile device through the Sites to serve to advertise. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services that you may be interested in. They may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of advertisements. This can be accomplished by them using cookies or web beacons to collect information about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide relevant advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. The information collected through this process does not enable us or them to identify your name, contact details or other personally identifying details unless you choose to provide these.
How can I control cookies?
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/protect-your-privacy/cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-internet-explorer-9
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt-out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ , https://www.networkadvertising.org/, or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Please bear in mind that there are many more networks listed on that site than those that we use on our Website.
We use Google cookies for analytics and marketing purposes. You can opt-out of Google tracking through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means. Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.
How often will this Cookie Notice be updated?
The date at the top of this Cookie Notice indicates when it was last updated.
Where can I get further information?